Pages

Saturday 27 February 2010

Curve, Leicester

So, in a couple of weeks, we have an event extravaganza called U.Dance East Midlands. It’s held at 800 capacity Curve, Leicester and is...

 "a visual feast of dance highlighting the exceptional talent of young people and celebrating the wealth of youth dance in our region. Prepare to be blown away…"

Yesterday, I went for a few meetings with Linzi [who is heading up the event] at Curve, and was blown away by the sheer magnitude of the place! It’s basically a building within a building, and for those of you who haven’t been before, or seen it, you must check out their website. The stage itself is surrounding by moving walls, which can be raised up. When we arrived, and as I was shown to the huge stage for the first time, I saw this --->


..and was rather confused.
“So that is the stage?” I ask.
“That is the stage” they answer.
“What the..$%&;%”!” I think.

[N.B. And if my wee illustration hasn't painted a beautifully detailed depiction of the place, visit their website for a more comprehensive and virtual tour of the place... :o]

Immense = the only word I can use to describe its architectural design.
Thankfully, Linzi, Vanessa and everyone else involved have obviously been there plenty of times; I, on the other hand, am definitely going to need another visit, and another session studying the floor plan before I get my head around helping the management of 200 performers for U.Dance. Should be exciting. 
Belief.